We Begin by Setting Goals
The First Meeting
We set up an initial meeting to discuss your initial goals, the anticipated term of the coaching relationship, how long you are willing to commit to coaching, and the results you desire.
Subsequent Early Meetings
My job is to understand your work environment, personal constraints, potential opportunities and challenges to success. Then together, we’ll define and refine your goals and desired outcomes. This is essential because if we fail to properly define the goals—right from the beginning— we will not have the right target in mind.
To help in this process, we will identify potential areas for growth and development and establish appropriate markers to access success. These reveal more about your working style and communication preferences.
We Develop a Collaborative Coaching Plan
- Establish Goals.We will then identify and agree on the goals and desired results. We will set up milestones and methods to track the achievement of the results or interim results.
- Identify Action-Oriented Solutions. Once we identify the goals and desired results, we develop an action plan to success. This can include:
- new methods of organizing work and meeting with team members and colleagues, and
- new approaches to communication, and learning and practicing new mindfulness techniques to stayed centered and focused in a stressful situation.
- Measure and Celebrate Success. At each identified milestone and more frequently if needed, we will track your success and when success is achieved, develop strategies to sustain that success and growth over the long-term.
- Move to a Semi-Annual or Annual Checkup. Once you have successfully achieved your goals or, at a minimum, achieved your interim goals, we will then close the initial coaching engagement and move to a new phase where we check in periodically to make certain that you continue to achieve desired outcomes.